A short post for the morning to get my thoughts sorted out:3
I shot for probably the biggest/ most critical event of my life yesterday and it was really fun! Nine hundred and sixty-four people attended and Dr. Paul Volcker was the speaker on the reforms of the financial sector and it was so different in a sense that I am not afraid to take that shot! Perhaps the fact that I do not need to use a flash played a big part but it was a really great shoot and I can't wait for the one on Thursday!
The shoot with the IFC choir yesterday was brilliant! Despite the fact that I was dying from exhaustion from lugging my gears and laptop, I personally feel that it was the best shoot out of everything I ever shot there put together. Prior to that, I felt as though my images were snapshots and my angle was horrible but I doubt you can call something a snapshot when you are exposing at half a second. I was so tempted to switch to my 24-70mm for that 'zoom' factor which happens to weigh half my gears put together but I am glad I did not. I would never have gotten away with one-second exposures if it is not for my 35mm!
A while back, I was probably in a flunk from all that vision nom noms. I was really caught up with techniques, personal life and rubbish. I was thinking too much and just could not focus during the shoot for the choir. In fact this post really sums up everything.
Sorry for the random morning post but I just needed to blog about how awesome this Thursday's shoot is going to be
Thanks W!
Tag replies:
JKT: I am not sure if I have school T_T
A 50mm 1.4 is also on my b-day wish list 8D
Although I don't shoot weddings, I would totally shoot for yours if I have a Leica 8D
Fifi is forgiven as I forgot her birthday as well>.<
Alvinz: Saturday is out for me>.> Workshop in the morning and a concert at night. Sunday might be alright but only after lunch I guess. What do you want to shoot?


No comments:
Post a Comment